Interested in serving on one of the NCAPA committees?
Read the objectives of each committee below and volunteer for the 2018 membership year!
NCAPA collects applications from PA members interested in serving on a committee in July and August of each year, with a goal of having committee members approved and in place prior to the beginning of the next calendar year. Once NCAPA receives all completed applications, Committee Chairs will be appointed by the President-Elect and the Chairs will then work with staff to select committee members. You are welcome to complete an application at any time of year, but if at all possible, PLEASE COMPLETE YOUR APPLICATION NO LATER THAN AUGUST 31.
- If you are not currently serving on an NCAPA committee but would like to be considered for future involvement, please complete the online application for NEW Committee Members.
- If you are already serving on a committee and are interested in continuing to serve on that committee or another committee, please complete the online Committee Renewal Application Form.
The following NCAPA committees have been established by the NCAPA Board of Directors. All corporate powers will be exercised by, or under the authority of, the Board of Directors. The business and affairs of the NCAPA will be managed by the Board of Directors or by committees established by the Board of Directors:
- Continuing Education Committee. The Continuing Education Committee plans and implements the Academy’s annual conferences, workshops and online CME offerings in coordination with office staff. Members serve on one of three panels:
- Conference Management Panel-Makes decisions regarding changes and improvements to NCAPA’s two existing annual conferences. Members volunteer at conference, run beach events at summer conference onsite, and work registration desk.
- Professional Development Review Panel –Recommends, reviews, & selects speakers for NCAPA’s two existing annual conferences. Reviews lecture content to ensure high quality educational standards.
- Educational Development Panel-Ensures that NCAPA offers the most current CME, such as online CME & research, and recommends new types of CME including new NCCPA certification standards (SA and PI CME). Recommends speakers and approves learning objectives and presentation content for all CME or other educational workshops offered outside of NCAPA’s two annual conferences.
- Finance Committee. The Finance Committee reviews annual budget requests and submits a proposed budget to the Board. Also, the committee monitors the NCAPA’s investment activities and banking activities, including reviewing the monthly financial statement. The Committee also provides other financial recommendations to the Board as needed. The Finance Committee members include the President, President-Elect, Treasurer, Conference Planning Committee chairperson, and others appointed by the president to make up a committee of no more than nine members.
- Government Affairs Committee. The Government Affairs Committee tracks legislation and regulations of interest to PAs and provides oversight and coordination with lobbyists, allied organizations, and the General Assembly on legislative and advocacy issues.
- Health Committee. The Health Committee ensures the continued health and effectiveness of highly trained, competent PAs for the benefit of the public’s health and safety. The Committee collaborates with the NC Physician’s Health Program on issues pertaining to impaired PAs.
- Marketing and Membership Committee. The M&MC provides support and input to office staff to increase public understanding of PAs and the profession’s leadership role in providing quality patient care. The committee reviews and makes recommendations concerning the promotion of NCAPA and NCAPA membership while also working on recruitment and retention strategies. Review of awards and communications to members are also a component of committee activities.
- Regional Chapters Committee. The Regional Chapters committee provides two-way communication between NCAPA and the Regional Chapters, providing support to the chapters throughout the state and ensuring that policies and charters are current. Each Regional Chapter is invited to assign one member to serve on this committee.
- Student Affairs Committee. The Student Affairs Committee acts as a liaison to PA programs and represents the concerns of the PA student community while supporting efforts in achieving academic excellence, proficiency, and social interaction.
*If you are not currently serving on an NCAPA committee but would like to be considered for future involvement, please complete the online application for NEW Committee Members.
*If you are already serving on a committee and are interested in continuing to serve on that committee or another committee, please complete the online Committee Renewal Application Form.