Advocating for the PA Profession.
- Lobbyist advocating on behalf of PA interests at the state and national levels
- Legislative Action Center to make it easy for you to connect to policymakers
- Email alerts/advisories on legislative and regulatory issues
- NCAPA representative on the North Carolina Medical Board (NCMB) Review Panel, which proposes candidates for the Governor’s consideration in appointing board members
- NCAPA representative on the North Carolina Physicians Health Program Board of Directors
- NCAPA member liaisons to the NC Medical Society and the NC Emergency Medical Service Advisory Council
Providing Continuing Medical Education (CME) and Professional Growth.
- Two annual conferences, providing 80+ hours of Category 1 CME
- Regional CME workshops
- CME DVD programs available
- PANCE/PANRE resources
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth through participation on NCAPA Board of Directors, committees, or external liaison positions
- NCAPA Career Center for PAs and PA employers, containing employment opportunities throughout the region.
Keeping You Connected.
- Social networking events for PAs offered throughout North Carolina.
- Communication via the Pulse (monthly e-newsletter) and periodic “breaking news” e-mails
- Social media, including Facebook for trending PA topics
- Answers to clinical practice questions
Bringing You Professional Savings
- Discounts on numerous Category I CME opportunities–NCAPA’s annual Summer and Winter conferences, online offerings, and regional workshops
- Prescription Drug Card – Provided to help lower your prescription drug costs. Simply create and print your FREE Prescription Drug Card and receive savings of up to 75% at more than 56,000 national and regional pharmacies.
- Liability Insurance: NCAPA has partnered with Healthcare Providers Service Organization (HPSO), the nation’s number one provider of professional liability insurance to healthcare professionals.