Open PA Seat on the NCMB
The seat on the North Carolina Medical Board designated for a PA will be coming up for appointment this Fall. Applicants must meet the following:
- Hold an active license or approval to perform medical acts, tasks, and functions in North Carolina.
- Have an active clinical or teaching practice. For purposes of this subdivision, the term “active” means patient care, or instruction of students in an accredited medical school or residency, or clinical research program, for 20 hours or more per week.
- Have actively practiced in this State for at least five consecutive years immediately preceding the appointment.
- Intend to remain in active practice in this State for the duration of the term on the Board.
- Submit at least three letters of recommendation, either from individuals or from professional or other societies or organizations.
- Have no public disciplinary history with the Board or any other licensing board in this State or another state over the past 10 years before applying for appointment to the Board.
- Have no history of felony convictions of any kind.
- Have no misdemeanor convictions related to the practice of medicine.
- Indicate, in a manner prescribed by the Review Panel, that the applicant: (i) understands that the primary purpose of the Board is to protect the public; (ii) is willing to take appropriate disciplinary action against his or her peers for misconduct or violations of the standards of care or practice of medicine; and (iii) is aware of the time commitment needed to be a constructive member of the Board.
Candidates who are selected to serve on the North Carolina Medical Board will be required to uphold and abide by the NCMB Code of Conduct.
Further information and application may be found on the North Carolina Medical Board Review Panel web site at http://www.ncmedboardreviewpanel.com. If you have questions about time commitment and/or the responsibilities involved, please contact Marc Katz PA-C at email@example.com.
- Back to The Pulse