Welcome to the NCAPA Legislative Action Center! Here you will discover the easiest way to contact NC Legislators in your district, find tips for meeting with your Legislator and advocating for the profession, as well as information on PA Day at the NC Legislature, which is held each Spring.
Support our legislative priorities and
Find out about current Healthcare legislation and advocacy efforts for NC PAs by reading our blog, The Pulse.
Who Represents Me?
Using your address, you can look up your local senators and representatives on the NC Legislature website. As a constituent you should feel free to reach out to them about issues that are important to you and the patients you serve.
Whether you are in Raleigh, at a local campaign event or end up in line with them at the grocery store here are some simple ways to engage your legislator.
- Introduce yourself; be sure to let them know that you are a constituent of their district. Let them know where you work and how long you have been there.
- Give them a quick overview of the PA profession. Many, if not most, legislators have no idea that the PA profession was founded in North Carolina! Explain to them that NC has a great practice environment.
- If a legislator asks you what PAs want there are a few simple responses.
- Explain that you would like them to help protect the amazing practice environment that PAs have in North Carolina by ensuring that PAs keep full prescriptive authority and that PAs are included in all legislation that is within the scope of practice of the PA profession.
- Tell them that you want to be able to contact them when relevant legislation pops up. Assure them that they can rely on your expertise and encourage them to use you as a resource.
- If a specific issue comes up, NCAPA can provide you with information to advocate for yourself and the PA profession.
ABOUT THE LEGISLATURE
STATE GOVERNMENT WEBSITES