The NCAPA Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Committee has established the Trailblazer Scholarship to support Black/African-American PA students during their second year of PA school. The DEI committee reviewed research and statistics around health disparities and gaps in representation and is establishing this $1,000 scholarship in an effort to address these needs. The Trailblazer scholarship is for North Carolina PA students in their second year of PA school who self-identify as Black/African-American.
The scoring criteria for the scholarship:
- Demonstrated plans to promote diversity, equity, and inclusion in the future
- Plans to diversify the profession
- Improve healthcare disparities
- Applicant’s financial need (self-reported)
- Applicant’s contributions to diversity, equity, and inclusion, either past or current
- Statement from the PA program that the student is in good academic standing
- Students who identify as Black/African American
The application form will open on June 6th and be accepted through June 27th, 2022. Please return to this page on June 6th to apply.
Funds for the Trailblazer Scholarship were made possible by generous donations from members of the NCAPA DEI Committee. If you are interested in donating to support the scholarship, donations can only be made via check at this time. Please make check payable to “NCAPA Endowment” and mail to:
1121 Slater Road
Durham, NC 27703.
Please include in the memo line “Trailblazer Scholarship.” These donations are tax deductible, and all donors will receive an acknowledgement letter for tax purposes. If you have any questions, please contact Emily Adams Emily.firstname.lastname@example.org.