We rely on you to provide optimal healthcare to the citizens of North Carolina; you can rely on NCAPA to advocate for your rights to provide that healthcare at the top of your ability. Supporting, promoting, and strengthening the PA profession is at the core of everything we do at NCAPA. And keeping you informed of what and how that happens is important.
During each annual active session of the NC Legislature, NCAPA members receive weekly Legislative Update emails to keep you aware of healthcare legislation that may have an effect on PA practice in North Carolina. Members also receive timely alerts/advisories on legislative and regulatory issues that may require immediate action.
NCAPA wants to ensure our members are ready to use their voices to promote PA friendly policies and legislation. We developed an on-demand webinar providing an overview of advocacy techniques so that you can feel confident as an advocate for the PA profession. This free session is for members only and can be accessed under the member benefits tab in the online member portal.
Other advocacy benefits of NCAPA include:
- Lobbyists advocating on behalf of PA interests at the state and national levels;
- Annual PA Day at the NC Legislature;
- NCAPA representative on the North Carolina Medical Board (NCMB) Review Panel;
- NCAPA representative on the North Carolina Physicians Health Program Board of Directors;
- NCAPA member liaisons to the NC Medical Society and the NC Emergency Medical Service Advisory Council
Continuing Medical Education
NCAPA offers member discounts on all of our continuing education offerings, including:
- Annual Winter Conference with 28+ hours of Category 1 CME
- Annual Summer Conference with 29+ hours of Category 1 CME
- Online CME
- Regional CME workshops
Member rates will be automatically applied when registering for conferences and/or workshops. NCAPA members receive a standard 25% discount on all online CME purchases and also have access to a free Member Bundle of online CME, worth 4 Category 1 CME credits. You can access the discount codes for online CME in the member portal under Member Benefits.
NCAPA Member resumes get preferred viewing in our Career Center, which provides access to available PA jobs throughout North Carolina. By using the discount code found in the member portal, your resume will appear first when employers are searching for qualified PAs. Other professional development benefits of NCAPA include:
- Annual Poster Session to highlight PA research and scholarship
- Annual Student Leadership Retreat to foster future PA leaders
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth through participation on NCAPA Board of Directors, committees, or external liaison positions
Additional Member Savings and Resources
- Prescription Drug Card – Provided to help lower your prescription drug costs. Simply create and print your FREE Prescription Drug Card and receive savings of up to 75% at more than 56,000 national and regional pharmacies.
- Liability Insurance: NCAPA has partnered with Healthcare Providers Service Organization (HPSO), the nation’s number one provider of professional liability insurance to healthcare professionals.
- PA Student Advocacy Tool Kit to help student members organize an advocacy day at the NC Legislature for their PA program;
- PA Practice Tool Kit available for members only (access provided when members sign in here)
- PA resources available to all PAs on our website, including information on PAs and Innovation