- Lobbyists advocating on behalf of PA interests at the state and national levels
- Annual PA Day at the NC Legislature
- Email alerts/advisories on legislative and regulatory issues; members receive weekly Legislative Update emails during active legislative session.
- NCAPA representative on the North Carolina Medical Board (NCMB) Review Panel, which proposes candidates for the Governor’s consideration in appointing board members
- NCAPA representative on the North Carolina Physicians Health Program Board of Directors
- NCAPA member liaisons to the NC Medical Society and the NC Emergency Medical Service Advisory Council
Continuing Medical Education
- Annual Winter Conference with 30+ hours of Category 1 CME
- Annual Summer Conference with 29+ hours of Category 1 CME
- Online CME available anytime
- Regional CME workshops
- Online Career Center to access available PA jobs throughout North Carolina
- Annual Poster Session to highlight PA research and scholarship
- Annual Student Leadership Retreat to foster future PA leaders
- Networking opportunities with other NC PAs
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth through participation on NCAPA Board of Directors, committees, or external liaison positions
- Social media, including Facebook for trending PA topics
Member Savings and Resources
- Discounts on numerous Category I CME opportunities–NCAPA’s annual Summer and Winter conferences, online offerings, and regional workshops
- Prescription Drug Card – Provided to help lower your prescription drug costs. Simply create and print your FREE Prescription Drug Card and receive savings of up to 75% at more than 56,000 national and regional pharmacies.
- Liability Insurance: NCAPA has partnered with Healthcare Providers Service Organization (HPSO), the nation’s number one provider of professional liability insurance to healthcare professionals.
- PA Practice Tool Kit available for members only (access provided when members sign in here)
- PA resources available to all PAs on our website, including information on PAs and Innovation
- Answers to clinical practice questions