NCAPA CME workshops are created in partnership with different presenters, organizations, and PA programs throughout the state to offer you the CME you’ve come to love, close to home.
Point of Care Ultrasound Workshop
This 3-hr hands-on and skills-based workshop will teach learners the fundamentals and basic skills of Point of Care Ultrasound (POCUS). The primary purpose of this educational activity is to provide an overview of the general physics, knobology, and to develop a systematic approach to utilize POCUS into the modern medical practice. The workshop will provide an introduction to POCUS techniques, imagery, and equipment.
At the end of this workshop, learners will be able to:
- Identify the utility of ocular ultrasound in a patient presenting with a visual complaint.
- Demonstrate the ability to perform cardiac point of care ultrasound to assess for a pericardial effusion and signs of right heart strain.
- Differentiate between the aorta, IVC, and bowel on point of care ultrasound, and describe ultrasound findings consistent with an abdominal aortic aneurysm.
- Identify scenarios in which point of care renal ultrasound is useful and appropriate, and differentiate between mild, moderate, and severe hydronephrosis on ultrasound imaging.
- Demonstrate the ability to recognize lung sliding on point of care ultrasound as part of the assessment for pneumothorax.
- Demonstrate how POCUS can be utilized as a tool to enhance care in rural settings.
This program is not yet approved for CME credit. Conference organizers plan to apply for 3.0 AAPA Category 1 CME credits from the AAPA Review Panel. The total number of approved credits is yet to be determined.
NCAPA Member CME Benefits
NCAPA offers discounts on all conferences, workshops, and online CME to our members. Become an NCAPA Member or renew your membership and receive discounted registration fees to any of our CME offerings. Attend just one annual conference and you’ve more than covered the cost of a one-year membership. Join today!