The NCAPA Endowment was established in 1992 as the philanthropic arm of the North Carolina Academy of Physician Assistants. Today, the NCAPA Endowment is a separate 501c3 nonprofit organization. Its mission is to promote the future of the PA profession and to advance the ultimate goal of improving health care in North Carolina. An important element of the mission is to encourage philanthropy by PAs, their employers, foundations, the corporate community, and the general public. To accomplish its mission, the NCAPA Endowment:
- Supports the goals and projects of the NCAPA through philanthropy,
- Develops and provides philanthropic resources for the support of students enrolled in PA programs based in North Carolina,
- Assists the advancement of the PA profession in the areas of education and research.
The NCAPA Endowment Fund is administered by the Winston-Salem Foundation. It is a permanent fund, income from which supports the grant programs of the Endowment in perpetuity.
Additional Ways to Give
Matching Gift Programs
If your employer or affiliated organization offers a matching gift, mail your portion of the donation along with the matching gift form (with your section completed) to the NCAPA Endowment, 1121 Slater Road, Durham, NC 27703 and the NCAPA Endowment will complete the non-profit section and submit the request back to your employer.
After providing for loved ones in your estate plan, please consider a gift to the NCAPA Endowment. A gift can be a specific dollar amount or a percentage of your estate, funded by stocks, bonds, life insurance, IRA, or pension plan options. When speaking with your professional estate advisor, the following wording is suggested:
“I/We hereby give, devise, and bequeath to the North Carolina Academy of Physician Assistants Endowment, a component fund of The Winston-Salem Foundation, a non-profit, tax-exempt organization, the sum of _________dollars (or a percentage of your estate/residue of your estate.)”
Please let the NCAPA Endowment know if we’re part of your estate plan. For additional information on planned giving, contact the NCAPA Endowment treasurer Sue Reich at email@example.com.
You can donate to the general NCAPA Endowment Fund or you may designate your gift to one of the grant programs listed below.
Apply for Endowment Grants
- Lanny Parker Memorial Grants supports PAs and PA students participating in advocacy and leadership activities.
- Mark Sizemore & Mandy Dozier Memorial Grants provide chartered NCAPA Regional Chapters support for continuing medical education endeavors.
- Annual Student Grants provide grants for one student from each PA program in North Carolina.
- Kober Provider Treatment Grants are provided upon the recommendation of the NCAPA Health Committee for the support of PAs enrolled in the NCPHP.
- Joyce Nichols Memorial Community Grants are provided to an organization or agency sponsored by a PA or PA student to fund worthwhile community projects.
Find information and grant applications for available endowment grants on our NCAPA Endowment Grant Applications page.
The NCAPA Endowment is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. All donations are tax deductible. For more information regarding the NCAPA Endowment, please contact Karyn Davis, NCAPA Administrative Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.