NCAPA is the only organization dedicated exclusively to protecting the rights of all PAs in North Carolina. For over 40 years, we have been a leader in developing and responding to regulations, legislation, and policies to protect the delivery of quality patient care.
NCAPA now offers an Employer Group Rate (EGR) to organizations that employ 10 or more PAs. Help us spread the word by sharing information on the EGR with your employer!
Membership runs January through December. Individuals who join on September 15 or later receive membership for the remainder of the current year and for the following calendar year. Join today and take full advantage of all our member benefits.
NCAPA Membership Categories
- Fellow: A PA who is living and/or employed in North Carolina and licensed to practice as a PA in North Carolina. A Fellow member must also be a fellow of the AAPA and will have the right to vote on all matters entitled by the Bylaws or by law to vote.(AAPA ID# required).
- Associate: A PA who is living and/or employed in North Carolina and licensed to practice as a PA in North Carolina who is NOT a member of the AAPA. An Associate has the same rights and privileges as a Fellow EXCEPT that he or she may not serve on the NCAPA Executive Committee, serve in the AAPA House of Delegates, or vote on AAPA matters.
- Affiliate: A PA who is NOT licensed to practice in North Carolina OR someone who is a non-PA (i.e., nurse practitioner, physician, etc.). Affiliate members will be entitled to privileges of the floor, but will not be entitled to vote or hold office.
- Student: A student enrolled in an ARC-PA accredited PA program, either in person or online. Student members have the same rights and privileges as an Associate or Fellow member except they cannot vote or serve in elected office, with the exception of student director-at-large elections. To become a student member of NCAPA:
- If you attend a PA program in North Carolina, contact your PA Program Director for more information.
- For all other student membership inquiries, please contact Caroline Purdy at email@example.com.
- Pre-PA: Pre-PA memberships are for individuals planning on attending an ARC-PA accredited PA program.
- Sustaining/Retired: A sustaining/retired PA member is retired from practice, not due to license revocation, but otherwise qualified for Associate or Fellow membership (i.e. living/working in North Carolina). Sustaining members will be entitled to member benefits and privileges of the floor but will not be entitled to vote or hold office. (To become a Sustaining/Retired member, your application must be reviewed and approved by the Membership Committee. Please download the application and send to NCAPA or email to firstname.lastname@example.org).
NCAPA Membership Dues*
- Fellows/Associates/Affiliates: $175 for 1 calendar year, $300 for 2 years, or $425 for 3 years.
- New Licensees: 50% discount if membership purchased within the first year of obtaining a license to practice as a PA in North Carolina. Discount code required. Contact email@example.com for more information.
- Students: $20 one-time payment for the entire time enrolled in an NC PA program.
- Pre-PA: $20 for calendar year.
- Sustaining/Retired Members: The dues for the retiree will be reduced to 50% of the regular fee for a one-year membership.
*Membership dues are non-refundable.
NCAPA dues are not deductible as a charitable contribution for federal tax purposes, but may be deductible as a business expense. NCAPA estimates 20% of your annual membership fees are not deductible due to lobbying activities. A donation to the Endowment Fund through NCAPA is tax deductible to the contributor.