Interested in serving on one of the NCAPA committees?
NCAPA collects applications from PA members interested in serving on a committee in July and August of each year, with a goal of having committee members approved and in place prior to the beginning of the next calendar year. Committee Chairs are decided upon and appointed by the President-Elect.
The committee application period for serving on a 2021 is now open.
If you are interested in becoming involved with a committee in 2021, please complete one of the applications below.
Read the objectives of each committee below.
The following NCAPA committees have been established by the NCAPA Board of Directors. All corporate powers will be exercised by, or under the authority of, the Board of Directors.
- Continuing Education Committee. The Continuing Education Committee plans and implements the Academy’s annual conferences, workshops and online CME offerings in coordination with office staff. Members serve on one of three panels:
- Conference Management Panel-Makes decisions regarding changes and improvements to NCAPA’s two existing annual conferences. Members volunteer at conference, run beach events at summer conference onsite, and work registration desk.
- Professional Development Review Panel –Recommends, reviews, & selects speakers for NCAPA’s two existing annual conferences. Reviews lecture content to ensure high quality educational standards.
- Educational Development Panel-Ensures that NCAPA offers the most current CME, such as online CME & research, and recommends new types of CME including new NCCPA certification standards (SA and PI CME). Recommends speakers and approves learning objectives and presentation content for all CME or other educational workshops offered outside of NCAPA’s two annual conferences.
- The Finance Committee reviews annual budget requests and submits a proposed budget to the Board. Also, the committee monitors the NCAPA’s investment activities and banking activities, including reviewing the monthly financial statement. The Committee also provides other financial recommendations to the Board as needed. The Finance Committee members include the President, President-Elect, Treasurer, Conference Planning Committee chairperson, and others appointed by the president to make up a committee of no more than nine members.
- Government Affairs Committee. The Government Affairs Committee tracks legislation and regulations of interest to PAs and provides oversight and coordination with lobbyists, allied organizations, and the General Assembly on legislative and advocacy issues.
- Health Committee. The Health Committee ensures the continued health and effectiveness of highly trained, competent PAs for the benefit of the public’s health and safety. The Committee collaborates with the NC Physician’s Health Program on issues pertaining to impaired PAs.
- Membership & Marketing Committee. The Membership & Marketing provides the PA perspective to increase public understanding of PAs and the profession’s leadership role in providing quality patient care. The role of the committee is to provide information to fellow PAs and act as Ambassadors to NCAPA regarding membership. They work on recruitment and retention strategies and provide input on promotions and member events.
- Regional Chapters Committee. The Regional Chapters committee provides two-way communication between NCAPA and the Regional Chapters, providing support to the chapters throughout the state and ensuring that policies and charters are current. Each Regional Chapter is invited to assign one member to serve on this committee.
- Student Affairs Committee. The Student Affairs Committee acts as a liaison to PA programs and represents the concerns of the PA student community while supporting efforts in achieving academic excellence, proficiency, and social interaction.