NCAPA’s PA of the Year award honors a PA who has demonstrated exemplary service to the profession and the community, and who has furthered the image of the PA profession while providing significant contributions to the health of the citizens of North Carolina.
Nominations for the 2023 PA of the Year have closed. Please return back soon to nominate the 2024 PA of the Year.
To be eligible for PA of the Year nomination, the potential recipient must be a Fellow or Associate Member of NCAPA and have been practicing as a PA for a minimum of three years.
Nominations for the 2023 PA of the Year will be accepted from March 13th through August 31st. Any NCAPA member or PA employer may submit a nomination. Nominations should include a written rationale detailing how the nominee meets the award criteria and why they are deserving of the award. The Awards Committee will review all nominations and select the PA of the Year and notify the recipient no later than October 1st.
The 2023 PA of the Year award recipient will receive a complimentary virtual conference registration for either the 2023 Winter Conference OR 2023 Summer Conference. NCAPA will travel to the PA of the Year’s place of employment to present the award and the recipient’s name will be added to a permanent plaque at the Stead Center.
Previous NCAPA PAs of the Year
- 2021 PA of the Year Truett Smith, MPAS, PA-C, DFAAPA
- 2020 PA of the Year All PAs in NC
- 2019 PA of the Year Carole Holt, PA-C
- 2018 PA of the Year Janelle Bludorn, PA-C
- 2017 PA of the Year Denise Busbin Locklear, PA-C
- 2016 PA of the Year Marc Katz, PA-C
- 2015 PA of the Year Gloria Jordan, PA-C
- 2014 PA of the Year Paul Hendrix, MHS, PA-C
- 2013 PA of the Year L. Gail Curtis, MPAS, PA-C