NCAPA has made changes to this process. Please read ALL information and instructions thoroughly before completing the form.
NCAPA is accepting Speaker Proposals for consideration between February 14, 2024 and March 15, 2024 for the 48th Annual NCAPA Summer Conference. Selected speakers will be notified in April 2024.
The NCAPA Summer Conference is an in-person event. Selected speakers are encouraged to be onsite. Please reach out immediately if you are unable to present in-person.
The following instructions should be followed, or potential speakers will be asked to resubmit. Proposals should adhere to the following:
- One form should be submitted for each individual topic/proposed session.
- For multiple topics/sessions to be considered, you must utilize a separate form for each.
- NCAPA conferences focus on Category 1 CME for Physician Assistants. Presentations must be free of commercial influence and meet the criteria for AAPA Category 1 CME credit. This includes:
- Be balanced and have relevance to PA practice either through their ability to improve patient care or to provide better systems of health care.
- Be based on topics derived from an assessment of the needs of PAs.
- Be formally planned and designed as part of an ongoing CME activity.
- Demonstrate high educational, ethical, and medical standards.
- Include explicit learning objectives.
- Include a participant evaluation method assessing the quality of the program as well as the extent to which it met the stated learning objectives.
- Be free of product-specific advertising, promotional logos, or slogans.
- Meet AAPA’s Standards for Commercial Support of CME programs
- Include 3-5 measurable learning objectives. NCAPA is committed to selecting speakers that include at least one (1) objective that focuses on Social Determinants of Health (SDOH)/health disparities and discusses how patients may be impacted by these factors.
- Please use these links as a guide for incorporating SDOH/health disparities into your presentation: 1) Incorporating SDOH and Health Inequities into CME 2) NCAPA’s Toolkit for Incorporation Health Equity into CME .
- Measurable learning objectives should state what learners must be able to do upon completion of the lecture. Objectives outline the knowledge, skills and/or attitude one will gain from the educational activity in a measurable way (i.e., learners will describe, demonstrate, identify, recognize, develop, etc). Please use this link as a guide for incorporating measurable objectives: Verbs for Writing Measurable Objective
- Lectures must be 50-55 minutes in length (no more, no less). This ensures we meet the AAPA CME requirement and allows time for live Q&A. Speaker content must be between 50-55 minutes, otherwise CME can be revoked.
- Please practice your lecture several times to ensure the timing is appropriate.
- Opioid Resources for PAs
The NCAPA Professional Development Review Panel (PDRP) is comprised of PAs practicing in various specialties throughout NC, and whose role includes identifying and selecting content for the conference agenda, reviewing draft presentations, and providing feedback.
If you are selected as a speaker, the following items will be required:
- This is an in-person event so selected speakers are encouraged to be onsite. Please reach out immediately if you are unable to present in-person.
- Lectures should be the speaker’s original work and cite borrowed information/materials appropriately. If any material or content was developed during an academic affiliation or employment, this information must be disclosed on the disclosure slide of the presentation.
- Lectures must be 50-55 minutes in length (no more, no less). This ensures we meet the AAPA CME requirement and allows time for live Q&A. Speaker content must be between 50-55 minutes, otherwise CME can be revoked. As an estimate, this is approximately 50-60 slides.
- Include 3-5 measurable learning objectives, one of which should focus on SDOH/health disparities and how PAs may be able to address them. In addition, all objectives should be measurable (see above: Speaker Instructions and Requirements, #3).
- A Disclosure slide must be included stating current or recent financial relationships with commercial interest or any conflicts of interest as appropriate. Recent is defined as the past 24 months.
- A Reference slide must be included, or content cited throughout the presentation.
- When using Brand drug names, also include their Generic drug name.
- Aesthetics of Power Point should be visually appealing.
- All deadlines shared by NCAPA must be met. To stay on schedule, it is important speakers meet all deadlines given.
In addition, the following are strongly encouraged:
- Including a wrap-up slide with a list of “take home points” or “pearls for providers” to utilize in their practice at the end of presentation. Think along the guidelines of “if you remember one thing…”
- Including case studies to provide a robust and practical CME experience.
- Accessibility Resources that may be used when creating presentations 1) Microsoft PowerPoint, NDRN, and APHA.