North Carolina PA programs are supporting front line healthcare workers by donating PPE and other supplies to the local health care systems. Here are some of their efforts:
Beth Harris, Oak Hill General Manager and Pete Fenn, Campbell PA Program
- Campbell University PA program donated PPE to Oak Hill Assisted Living facility in Angier, NC;
- Elon sent boxes of gloves and a variety of other materials to Cone Health as a donation from the School of Health Sciences;
- High Point University donated materials to local hospitals
Boxes of donated supplies from High Point University
- Methodist University had multiple departments – PA, Nursing, DPT, OT, Biology, and Chemistry – dontate PPE to two local hospitals, Cape Fear Valley Health System and Scotland Memorial Hospital.
Supplies donated by Methodist University
- Wake Forest University’s PA program gathered up its PPE and shipped it to the clinical sites.
- Wingate University’s main campus PA, Pharmacy, and Nursing programs jointly collected face masks, gloves and protective gowns. The PPE was taken to local hospitals. At the Hendersonville campus, the PA and Pharm programs donated gloves and disinfectant wipes to the Pardee Hospital Cancer Center, located in the same building as the Wingate Hendersonville campus.
This is a great reminder of how we are all in this together. If you have an example of an act of generous support during this challenging time, please let us know by emailing Kat Nicholas at firstname.lastname@example.org.