The North Carolina Academy of Physician Assistants (NCAPA) respects the privacy of its members and other visitors to its Web site. NCAPA strongly believes that if electronic commerce and online activities are to flourish, consumers must be assured that information provided online is used responsibly and appropriately. To protect online privacy, NCAPA has implemented the following policy.
What information do we collect?
Most information NCAPA collects is used only to help us better serve our members. It is our general policy to collect and store only personal information that our members and visitors knowingly provide. If our privacy policies change, we will notify all users by e-mail or a special announcement placed on the Web site.
From General Users. NCAPA does not collect any personal information from users browsing its Web site. Only aggregate data — such as the number of hits per page — is collected. Aggregate data is only used for internal and marketing purposes and does not provide any personally identifying information.
From NCAPA’s Members, Conference Registrants, and Other Customers. To gain access to members-only resources and features on ncapa.org, members and other users are asked to log-in and provide some limited information. This information is submitted voluntarily. NCAPA asks users to provide their name, email address, phone number, and mailing address, as well as other personal information that is requested, such as designation and specialty, but is not required. Similar information may be submitted to NCAPA through membership applications, conference or workshop registration, online CME orders, store purchases, and event registrations. Additionally, for some e-mails sent in HTML format by NCAPA to its members through its email provider and event database, we will collect specific information regarding what the recipient does with that email. For those emails, NCAPA will monitor whether a recipient subsequently clicks through to links provided in the message. Other information collected through this tracking feature includes: email address of a user, name of the list from which the message was sent, and bounce and click-through rate. NCAPA only uses this information to enhance its products and communications and distribution of those products and communications to its members. This information is not sold or distributed in any other manner.
What do we use your information for?
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To personalize your experience. (Your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs.)
- To improve our website. (We continually strive to improve our website content based on the information and feedback we receive from you.)
- To improve customer service. (Your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs.)
- To process transactions. (Your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than for the express purpose of delivering the purchased product or service requested.)
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature.
- To send periodic emails. (The email address you provide for order processing may be used to send you information and updates pertaining to your order, in addition to receiving occasional news, updates, related product or service information, etc. If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email.
How do we protect your information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you place an order or enter, submit, or access your personal information.
NCAPA does not disclose credit card account information provided by its members and customers. When members and customers choose to pay using their credit cards, NCAPA submits the information needed to obtain payment to the appropriate clearinghouse with the use of a secure server. Those with access rights are required to keep the information confidential.
After a transaction, your private information (credit cards, social security numbers, financials, etc.) will not be stored on our servers.
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information without your permission. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third-party products or services on our website. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
Terms and Conditions